Be Prepared - Rainy Season is Ahead!
The rainy season is ahead and water damages are more likely to occur during these times!
We recommend following the steps below to make sure your property is ready for the wet, cold winter ahead:
- Check your home's heating system and replace filters.
- Inspect the exterior and interior of all windows and doors. If needed, repaint, and caulk the areas to prevent water from leaking in.
- Clean your gutters to prevent a backup, which can lead to water flooding down the side of your property.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Most house fires occur during winter.
- Check your trees. Have branches that brush up against or over the house trimmed.
- Divert water: add extensions to downspouts so that the water doesn't pool up right next to the house
- Check the roof for any signs of damage or cracks. Have a go to roofer ready to help.
- Check your sewage and drainage system/sump pump.