How To Prepare For Rain Season
Fall is officially here and before you know it, the rains will start and water damage will be more likely. We recommend following these steps in order to make sure your home is ready for the wet and cold winter ahead:
- Check your home's heating system and replace filters.
- Inspect the exterior and interior of all windows and doors. If needed, repaint and caulk the areas to prevent water from leaking in.
- Clean your gutters to prevent a back up, which can lead to water flooding down the side of your home.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Most house fires occur during winter.
- Check your trees. Have branches that brush up against or over the house trimmed.
- Divert water: add extensions to downspouts so that the water doesn't pool up right next to the house
- Check the roof for any signs of damage or cracks.